From Tokyo: Temples Tour to Kamakura with Kimono Makeover
- Visit the ancient Japanese capital of Kamakura
- Experience the city of Samurai with many historical buildings
- Enjoy seaside restaurants and shop for Japanese souvenirs
- Travel back in time to the Edo period with an optional kimono makeover
Then the tour will take you to the historic and spiritual center of Kamakura, the Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shinto shrine. Feel the ancient culture of Kamakura at this beautiful temple, which is almost 1000 years old. Afterwards, you will visit Komachi Dori Street, the best restaurant and souvenir shopping area in Kamakura. You will have free time for shopping and having lunch ong your own.
After lunch you'll visit the temple of Hasedera, famous for its eleven-headed statue of Kannon, the goddess of mercy. The gilded wooden statue stands in the temple's main building, the Kannon-do Hall. At over 9 meters tall, it is regarded as one of the largest wooden sculptures in Japan.
Upgrade your tour to include a full kimono makeover before you walk around the historic buildings. Feel as if you've stepped back to the Edo period when you walk around those historic temples wearing a traditional Kimono.
- Air-conditioned transfer
- English and Mandarin-speaking guide
- Entrance tickets to monuments
- Kimono makeover (if option chosen)
- Food and drinks
- Train tickets to Kamakura Koko Mae Slam Dunk spot (unless option selected)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Ground floor of Sumitomo Mitsui Bank, Shinjuku Nishiguchi Branch, 1 Chome-7-1 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku City, Tokyo 160-0023, Japan. The tour leader will be in the corner holding a flag with the tour partner's logo. Please arrive at 8:45 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
• Please note the itinerary may be adjusted in the event of a serious traffic jam