From Tokyo: Temples Tour to Kamakura with Kimono Makeover
- Visit the ancient Japanese capital of Kamakura
- Experience the city of Samurai with many historical buildings
- Enjoy seaside restaurants and shop for Japanese souvenirs
Then the tour will take you to the historic and spiritual center of Kamakura, the Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shinto shrine. Feel the ancient culture of Kamakura at this beautiful temple, which is almost 1000 years old. Afterwards, you will visit Komachi Dori Street, the best restaurant and souvenir shopping area in Kamakura. You will have free time for shopping and having lunch on your own.
After lunch, your next stop is Enoshima Island, renowned for it natural beauty and seaside attractions. You will have 2 hours of free time here to explore its beauty by walking up to the Enoshima Shrine, Iwaya Caves and the Southern Coast. Views of Mount Fuji can be enjoyed on days with good visibility. If you are a fan of Japanese anime, you can visit Kamakura Koko Mae, a place that features in the hit basketball-themed manga Slam Dunk. Your tour will end back at Tokyo Station at around 6:30 PM.
Upgrade your tour to include a full kimono makeover before you walk around the historic buildings. Feel as if you've stepped back to the Edo period when you walk around those historic temples wearing a traditional Kimono.
- Air-conditioned transfer
- English and Mandarin-speaking guide
- Entrance tickets to monuments
- Kimono makeover (if option chosen)
- Food and drinks
- Train tickets to Kamakura Koko Mae Slam Dunk spot (unless option selected)
When you get there
Ground floor of Sumitomo Mitsui Bank, Shinjuku Nishiguchi Branch, 1 Chome-7-1 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku City, Tokyo 160-0023, Japan. The tour leader will be in the corner holding a flag with the tour partner's logo. Please arrive at 8:45 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note the itinerary may be adjusted in the event of a serious traffic jam