From Thessaloniki: Day Trip to Dion and Mount Olympus
- Visit and explore the museum and archaeological site of Dion
- Walk the Enipeas gorge of Mount Olympus near Litochoro village
- Enjoy lunch at one of the local restaurants
Next, visit the unique museum of Dion to see statues of the ancient city, and move on to admire the magnificent mosaic of the House of Dionysus in a chamber next to the museum.
Enjoy lunch in one of the traditional restaurants of the village, and continue to Olympus, the house of the 12 Gods, known worldwide for its mythological background. Take a short trek on the foothills of the mountain following the Enipeas gorge. Admire the wild nature and the river, and stop to capture the view of the astonishing mountain. Head back to Thessaloniki at around 3:30 PM.
- Pick up and drop-off from main locations in Thessaloniki
- Bus transportation to all locations
- English-speaking trip attendant
- Basic travel insurance (during transportation)
- Entrance fee to the Archaeological site of Dion (8€ during summer season - 4€ during winter season)
- The guided tour at the archaeological site and the Museum of Dion
Prepare for the activity
Board the bus at one of the following meeting points: White Tower Entrance at 8:00 AM, Makedonia Palace Hotel at 8:05 AM, Aristotle’s Square and Egnatia Street (Venizelos Statue) at 8:15 AM, Capsis Hotel at 8:20 AM, and The Met Hotel at 8:25 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please be informed that there is the possibility of modifying the schedule of the excursion according to current weather conditions; in case of non-favorable weather conditions (mostly during winter season) the short trek might be replaced either by visiting the picturesque village of Litochoro or by visiting the Holy Monastery of Saint Dionysus