Explore London how it was in days gone by, experience for yourself the dangerous streets, unsavory characters and sense of fear all around. Meet…
Save up to 35% on admission to your choice of 3, 4, 5, or 7 top London attractions at one low price with a London Explorer Pass. Pay nothing at the…
Experience the ultimate tour of London on an extensive hop-on hop-off bus tour. You can immerse yourself in the innumerable attractions and…
Experience some of London’s most popular attractions with the Merlin Magical London Pass. Visit Madame Tussauds London, SEA LIFE London, The London…
Explore London’s top 20 world famous landmarks. After a city walking tour, enter the London Dungeon and prepare to be scared by theatrical actors,…
Top sights in London
One of London's top must-see tourist attractions, the Dungeon is dedicated to some of the city's more gruesome past. Here's a little bit of background to whet your appetite before you head along yourself.
The original London Dungeon was established in 1974. It was originally a more educational museum, dedicated to the likes of Boudicca, Mary Tudor and Thomas Becket.
Over the years, the museum has become more of an actor-led, and interactive experience, with tours and rides in place to entertain, excite and frighten visitors.
In 2013 the London Dungeon moved to a new location on the South Bank next to the London Eye to make way for new rides and expansion.
Now tours are led by actors in a fully immersive experience which will take you through some of London's and Britain's macabre past.
Although the museum is still based on historic events, it is more of a fun and exciting tourist attraction for the whole family. However age 8 and up is recommended to enter.
The standard opening times are: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday; 10:00AM-5:00PM, Thursday; 11:00AM-5:00PM, Saturday & Sunday; 10:00AM-6:00PM.
Standard Adult ticket on the day: £25.95. However, if you book online in advance tickets are cheaper!
Tours last around 90 minutes, however, this does not include queueing time! Make sure you arrive in plenty of time even if you have booked in advance!
- When should I visit?Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday; 10:00AM-5:00PM, Thursday; 11:00AM-5:00PM, Saturday & Sunday; 10:00AM-6:00PM.
- Is it expensive?Adult day-of tickets are £25.95, but advance purchases are cheaper.
- Will I need a guide?A guide is not necessary for the Dungeon, but check out our offers for tours and priority entrance!
- How to get thereTake the metro to the London Waterloo station and The London Dungeon is a short walk away.
- Additional information** The London Dungeon cannot store luggage or strollers during your visit. | The ride is not suitable for visitors with photosensitive epilepsy or those who cannot climb stairs.*