From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour
Pickup includedPick-up from the nearest meeting point to your hotel.
- Visit Roque de Agando to see how it was formed from an old volcano
- Travel through the forest of "El Cedro" on the way to Garajonay National Park
- Enjoy lunch at Mirador Abrante, a unique viewpoint overhanging above the Atlantic and facing Mount Teide in Tenerife
Catch the fast ferry to San Sebastián de La Gomera. Then, drive from the capital through the valley of Hermigua toward Garajonay National Park. Travel through the forest of “El Cedro” and marvel at its unique vegetation. Enjoy lunch at the top of the island while watching a demonstration of how the locals perform their unique whistling language called "Silbo Gomero." Formerly used as a means of communication on the tiered crops of the elevated terrain, the language is still taught in schools to this day.
On your way back, pass through "Chipude" and "El Cercado." Admire the impressive rock of "Agando." Learn the history and culture of San Sebastián, and see the church of Asunción where Christopher Columbus prayed before his journey to the New World.
- Pick-up in the south of Tenerife
- Fast ferry
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
• Please bring your ID or passport, as it is required to board the ferry