Jerusalem Old & New City Tour from Tel Aviv
Pick-up includedPick-up from main hotels in Tel Aviv, Herzliya and Netanya Pick-Up times: From Tel Aviv: 07:15 From Herzliya: 07:00 From Netanya: 06:30 If you need to be picked up from elsewhere (like an airbnb), the local operator will send you details of the closest pick-up point.
- Explore the old and new city of Jerusalem
- Wander through the colorful quarters of the Old City
- Visit Holy Land sites, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and the Western Wall
- Discover the heartrending documentation at the Holocaust Museum -"Yad Vashem"
- From the Mount of Olives panoramic views of Old & New city
You will leave with a comprehensive overview of the city, having walked in the quarters of the Old City, continue to the poignant, Holocaust Museum for the later part of the day.
Start at the Mount of Olives to take in a panoramic view of the dusty city below. Then enter the Old City and tour the main attractions, such as the Wailing Wall, Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock.
Walk through the Jewish and Armenian Quarters and the recently restored Roman road of The Cardo, visible on Jewish Quarter Street.
Visit the bazaar and the Western Wall, or Kotel, and proceed along the Via Dolorosa to visit the Church of Holy Sepulcher, also known as Church of the Resurrection and said to be the place where Jesus is buried and was resurrected.
Ascend to Mt. Zion. On Saturdays you can visit the Hall of the Last Supper and David's Tomb. Continue to the new city by car and spend some time at the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum.
The sprawling complex contains several sections, but it is the Museum that draws thousands of visitors ever since it opened in 2005.
The beautiful building stands in contrast to the horrific story told within. You will also want to see the Hall of Remembrance and the Hall of Names before your return journey to Tel Aviv.
- Entry fees
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drink
- Tips (recommended)
Prepare for the activity
- Modest Clothing
• On Fridays, Saturdays, and Jewish Holidays, the Holocaust Museum is closed. The tour will visit King David's Tomb, the Hall of Last Supper, and the Church of all Nations at the Garden of Gethsemane instead.
• A Russian-speaking guide is not available at Yad Vashem; audio guiding and headphones are provided instead.
• Children under 10 years old are not permitted to enter the Holocaust Museum