Petra and Wadi Rum: 3-Day Guided Tour from Tel Aviv
- Experience 3 fully-guided days of Jordan’s highlights
- Admire the stunning contrast of desert landscapes, fertile plains and vibrant cities
- See the rose-red city of Petra, one of the new seven world wonders
- Stay in an authentic Bedouin camp with traditional dinner and comfortable tents
- Ride a 4x4 jeep through the Mars-like desert of Wadi Rum
After lunch at a local restaurant, head to the capital. Its hilltop Citadel is the perfect place to learn more about Amman’s cultural importance and eventful past, featuring palaces, a museum and the Temple of Hercules, allowing panoramic views across the city. As the evening descends, drive to a Bedouin camp near Petra. Welcomed by a traditional dinner, enjoy authentic Bedouin hospitality beneath the clear desert skies and listen to local music, before heading to rest in your tent’s comfortable bed.
After breakfast, embark on an entire day dedicated to exploring Petra. The impressive highlight of this trip, the world wonder was carved into the red stone by the Nabataeans around 2,000 years ago, when it was a major crossroads of ancient civilizations. Let your guide explain Petra’s complex history, followed by lunch in a local restaurant. In the afternoon, explore the sites by yourself, each a stunning example of perfectly symmetrical Hellenistic architecture, before heading back for dinner and another night in the Bedouin camp.
The last day starts with an exciting ride through the exquisite and virtually untouched desert landscape of Wadi Rum. A 4x4 jeep will take you to stunning sights and viewpoints, past towering cliffs of weathered stone and desert animals. After lunch at a local restaurant, head to the Allenby Bridge border crossing, and by late evening arrive back in Tel Aviv.
- Full transportation
- Entrance fees - Jerash, Petra & Wadi Rum
- Breakfast on second and third day
- Lunch all three days
- Dinner on first and second day
- Accommodation in Bedouin campsite
- Custom-made travel app for smartphones and tablets
- Border taxes of $45 in total (31$ Israeli tax payable on the first day in US Dollars, Euros, or Shekels. $14 payable on third day for Jordanian Exit fee of 10 Dinar, payable only in Jordanian Dinar)
- Travel insurance
Prepare for the activity
• Valid passport
• Money for border crossings, souvenirs, and tips
• Warm clothes for the night
Important note: religious meal requirements (such as Kosher or Halal) are unfortunately unable to be accommodated on this tour.
• Most Western countries receive a travel visa at the border crossing. However, residents of some countries need to apply for a visa in advance
• For re-entry into Israel, please ensure you are eligible for a visa on arrival or have already arranged a multiple entry visa for Israel in advance
• Please note, this tour is not available to sole Israeli passport holders, due to restrictions
• If you have Israeli citizenship in addition to a foreign passport, please contact the local tour operator prior to the tour for special instructions regarding the border crossings