From Taormina: Etna Summit Area (2900m), Lunch & Alcantara
Pickup includedPickup is available outside or near to your accommodation or in Taormina and Giardini Naxos. For those staying in Letojanni and Castelmola, a convenient meeting point will be provided. For those coming from different areas, accessible meeting points will also be provided with additional free parking areas.
- Climb to the summit area of the highest active volcano in Europe by cableway and off-road vehicles
- Enjoy the view of the active craters
- Explore one of the striking volcanic caves
- Taste a typical Sicilian lunch and wine
- Visit the Alcantara river
Drive to Etna South where you will start the ascent, first by cableway and then by off-road vehicles up to 2900/3000 meters. Here you will hike for approximately 45 minutes, walking through deserts of black ashes and extinct craters. Back at 2000 meters, you will be given the proper equipment, such as helmets and torches, to visit one of the striking lava caves of the volcano.
Enjoy a typical Sicilian light lunch with local wine and drinks during the midday break.
Finally, you will admire the Alcantara Gorges created when thick lava flows invaded the bed of the icy river Alcantara, giving rise to geometrically perfect rocks.
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Equipment rentals, including hiking boots, jackets, and walking sticks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in the Taormina/Giardini area
Prepare for the activity
• Please be advised this tour is not recommend to those who are not in a good state of health, especially to those suffering from cardio-respiratory conditions