Split: Diocletian's Palace Walking Tour
- Discover the remains of Diocletian's Palace in the old town of Split
- Learn more about the cultural history of the city
- Marvel at the monumental Peristyle courtyard
- See the Cathedral of Saint Domnius on the site of the old mausoleum
Visit different areas of the complex, such as the cellars and monumental Peristyle courtyard. Look at the emperor's private observatory and see the Cathedral of Saint Domnius, originally built as Diocletian's Mausoleum. Discover the site of the Temple of Jupiter and Baptistery, and the original Bronze Gate, Silver Gate, Golden Gate and Iron Gate that provided access to the city.
Discover a refuge for the noblewomen of Split at the Benedictine Monastery of St. Arnir, admire the original 15th-century Town Hall and marvel at the Baroque monuments of Fruit Square (Voćni trg).
- English-speaking local guide
- Food and drinks
When you get there
Meet at the local tour operator's office at Obala Lazareta B.B., located at the east end of the promenade by the taxi stand. The office looks like a news stand with a big sign of an open-top sightseeing bus. Call the emergency number on your voucher or ask a member of staff standing next to the open-top bus if you have any difficulties.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Sunglasses and a hat are recommended on sunny days
• You must be able to walk over uneven and cobblestone surfaces with 15 - 30 steps to take part
• Do not bring valuable items, such as important documents or jewelry