Kompong Khleang Floating Village: Full-Day from Siem Reap
Pickup includedPick-up and drop-off at your guest house or hotel is provided.
- Travel on a private craft on the Khleang River through the flooded forest
- Visit the Old Market and the Night Market
- Hand out school supplies to teachers and students at the floating school
- Free lunch and drinks at local restaurant
- No charge for children 5 years and younger
Our English-speaking guide will meet you at your Siem Reap guest house or hotel. As you travel to Tonle Sap Lake you’ll pass by markets and small villages and along the causeway to the lake’s edge. When we reach the Khleang River, we’ll transfer to a private river craft for the next phase of our trip – a peaceful ride that takes us to the flooded forest, and then on to Kompong Khleang village.
On reaching the village, you’ll note that many of the homes are built on stilts, some standing as tall as 10 meters. With your guide, you’ll visit the village’s floating school where you can joing in handing out school supplies to the teachers and students. This is one of the ways that Tara Riverboat helps the local people.
At a local restaurant in Kompong Khleang you’ll enjoy a free lunch and drinks and have time to relax and appreciate the peaceful natural environment. As not many tourists make the trip to this remote village, you will enjoy an exclusive chance to see how abundant the native bird life is here!
This is relaxing chance to enjoy the scenery and cool breezes and to take a break from touring Cambodia’s many temples. At the end of the tour we will make our way back to Siem Reap and drop you off at your guest house or hotel.
- Guest house or hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation in air-conditioned car or minivan
- English-speaking guide
- School supplies for local teachers and students
- Lunch at local restaurant and drinks
- Private river craft on Khleang River
- All fees
- Tips and gratuities
Prepare for the activity
• Children 5 or under: free
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please note that this tour is dependent on water levels in the lake, please inquire on booking