Siem Reap: Phare, the Cambodian Circus
- Watch an incredible show that blends traditional and modern theater
- See beautifully choreographed music and dance
- Experience Cambodia's dynamic contemporary arts scene
- Learn about life in Cambodia via a modern circus act
- Be part of a non-profit organizations efforts to bring Cambodian arts to the rest of the world
“Phare: The Cambodian Circus” is an offshoot project of Phare Ponleu Selpak (PPS Association), which translates as “Brightness of the Arts.” The PPS Association is a Cambodian non-profit, non-governmental association, founded in 1994 by 8 young Cambodian ex-refugee artists from Anchanh Village, Ochar Commune in Battambang Province.
Together, they help develop the careers of Cambodian artists, with the aim of reviving the nation’s art scene, making worldwide connections, and contributing to artistic, educational, and social programs. With this 1-hour show, experience the bright new future of Cambodian arts.
- Phare Cambodian Circus show tickets
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food or drinks
When you get there
It's recommended to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to show time.
For the safety of the artists, and the comfort of other guests, no entrance is permitted once the show has started.
Phare Boutique and Phare Cafe open two hours prior to show time with unique locally-made crafts and gifts and dining before or after the show.
It can be warm in the Big Top. It's recommended to wear comfortable clothing suitable for warm weather and maybe grab a bottle of cool water to take in with you.
It's advisable to apply mosquito repellant before going outside early morning or evening in Cambodia, including your night at Phare.