Seattle: Olympic National Park Small Group Tour
Pickup includedHotel pickup available within 1.25 mile range of Pike Place Market.
- Discover the natural beauty of Olympic National Park
- Spot marine animals and other wildlife
- Take a nature walk on the Marymere Falls trail or another similar trail
Start the morning with a ferry ride through the waterways of the Puget Sound to Bainbridge Island. Connect with the Olympic Peninsula via the Kitsap Peninsula and Hood Canal Bridge, and once there, let your guide lead you on a naturalist experience best suited to the time of year and conditions of the day.
Drive up to Hurricane Ridge (weather permitting), a mountain citadel that puts you at the edge of the Park’s exceptionally jagged peaks. Take in a superb 360-degree view from the summit that encompasses the surrounding mountains, Strait of Juan da Fuca, and San Juan Islands. The open meadows are ideal for wildlife viewing - be on the look-out for Olympic marmots, black-tailed deer, and even black bears. Embark on guided nature walks or snowshoes to learn more about the sub-alpine ecosystems.
Explore Lake Crescent. Flanked by trails full of history and mysterious tales, its placid shores and perfect placement in the midst of the undulating Olympic foothills serve as an instant source of relaxation. Take to the trails to experience the old-growth forests of Douglas Fir and Western Hemlock trees, venturing to the misty Marymere Falls if time allows.
On days when the weather closes access to Hurricane ridge, visit the Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge. The Dungeness sand spit hooks out into the strait, leading to an old lighthouse, and in the spring and fall thousands of waterfowl and shorebirds descend on the shallow waters protected by the spit!
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your Downtown Seattle Hotel or Cruise Terminal
- Highly qualified naturalist Escape Artist guide
- Travel in adventure-outfitted luxury Mercedes Van or Crossover
- Locally sourced and/or organic lunch
- Seasonal snacks and refreshments throughout the tour
- All entry fees
- Snowshoes in winter
- Comprehensive naturalist commentary
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes