From Inverness: 2-Day Isle of Skye and The Fairy Pools Tour
- Marvel at the breathtaking landscapes of Skye and Lochalsh
- Admire Urquhart and Eilean Donan Castles, two of the most photographed castles of Scotland
- Enjoy a break on the unforgettable Isle of Skye
- Go swimming in the wild in crystal clear river pools and waterfalls
- Search for mystical creatures like fairies, elves, and the Loch Ness Monster
Next, continue via the soaring mountains, sparkling rivers, and wild moorlands of Glien Shiel and the Five Sisters of Kintal to the Isle of Skye. Enjoy the view of the rocky Cuillin Mountains when you arrive on Skye before heading to the Fairy Pools, one of the most dramatic landscapes on the island.
The fairies regularly bathe here, in the crystal clear green pools of the River Brittle. Weather permitting, swim in the pools of the river, one of the UK’s best wild swimming spots. Have fun diving under natural arches and waterfalls, but please do not spy on the fairies, as they can easily take offense.
After enjoying the company of the fairies, move on to Neist Point, the best place on the island to spot whales, dolphins, and sharks. Here, get transported to the edge of the world, with its beautiful scenery, awesome skies, and endless ocean. Your driver-guide will then drop you off at your accommodation (not included in the tour price) for the night.
On the second day, get picked up from your accommodation by your driver-guide and make your way to Fairy Glen. Wander between countless conical mounds, known in the Highlands as fairy knowes; put your ears to the grass and listen for the fairies at work inside. Bend down to search for elves in the glen's miniature forests, take the twisted path to the top of the fairy castle, or walk the faun’s maze and have a wish granted!
Then, head off the beaten track to Rha waterfalls, also known as the hidden waterfalls, and do some more wild swimming. Next up is the Quiraing, a landscape used in many sci-fi films known for its otherworldly rock formations and stunning vistas. From there, move on to the breathtaking Kilt Rock, home to the dinosaurs of Skye’s ancient past. Admire its distinctive pillars and beautiful waterfall with views across to the Torridon Hills on the mainland.
After leaving Kilt Rock, view the Old Man of Storr, a 61-meter (200-foot) stone pillar that has detached itself from the highest point of the 720-meter (2,362-foot) ride. Marvel at a fantastical landscape of twisted rocks, looming shadows, and swirling mists, and take in a stunning clifftop view out to the islands of Rhona, Raasay, and the mountains of Assynt.
Make your last stop on your 2-day tour at Eilean Donan Castle, the stronghold of the Clan MacRae and the headquarters of James Bond in “The World is not Enough,” on your way back to Inverness. The tour concludes at the original meeting point.
- Drop-off at the end of the first day and pickup on the second day at your accommodation on Skye, as long as this is between Uig and Portree
- Knowledgeable tour guide/driver
- Visitor attraction entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Accommodation (the local partner can arrange this for you)
- Children under 6 years
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet your tour guide/driver at the bus stance next to St Andrew's Cathedral. The address is: Ardross St corner of Kenneth St, Inverness, IV3 5NS. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Warm clothing
- Rain gear
- Luggage or large bags
• Type of accommodation in Uig and Portree and price guidelines: B&B from £80 to £130 per night; Hotel from £140 to £170 per night; Hostels from £22 to £50 per night.
• If you book your own accommodation, please let the local partner know your accommodation provider details. Please ensure your accommodation is in the area of Uig and Portree. Your driver will drop you off and pick you up at your accommodation as long as it is in this area.
• You will check in to your accommodation between 6 PM-7 PM.
• This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility.
• This tour will take place rain or shine.
• You will trek to reach the Fairy Pools.