Santa Marta: 5 Days to Discover the Lost City
Pickup includedAt your accommodation in Santa Marta or Taganga.
- Learn about the archaeological zone of the ancient indigenous city
- Enjoy the nature and landscapes on the hikes
- Interact with an ancient indigenous culture
- Take photographs of the archaeological zones and natural beauty
- Enjoy the typical food of the region and the variety of fresh fruits on offer
Depart Santa Marta at 9:30 AM and drive approximately 2.5 hours to the region of Mamey. Have lunch here. Walk approximately for 3 hours until the first station, known in the region as Cabañas de Adam. See the Honduras creek, which is a beautiful natural pool. Dinner will be served at 6:30 PM. Sleep in hammocks with mosquito nets.
Breakfast will be at 7:00 AM. Depart 8:00 AM to Cabañas de Adam or Cabaña Alfredo and walk for approximately 4 hours until you reach the second station Cabaña de Turcol or Sierra Tour. Here, be treated to a typical lunch of the region. Visit the Mutanyi indigenous village, a wonderful place to take photos with the indigenous people and interact with their culture. See the fabulous waters of the Buritaca River. Dinner will be served at 6:00 PM and sleep tonight in beds or hammocks with mosquito nets.
Breakfast will be at 7:00 AM and depart at 8:00 AM. Walk for approximately 4.5 hours. Cross by the calm waters of the Buritaca River for lunch. The third station, known as Cabaña de Romualdo, is home of the respected Mamo Indígina. Learn from your guide about the indigenous culture. Dinner will be served at 6:00 PM and sleep tonight in beds or hammocks with mosquito nets.
Breakfast will be at 6:00 AM and depart at 7:00 AM. Trek to the Lost City. Hike for 1 hour to the archaeological site. Your guide will provide information about the site during a 3-hour tour. Be sure to take photographs here. Return to the Cabaña de Romualdo from the Lost City trek and arrive around 12:00 PM for lunch. Begin the descent to station number two, Cabaña de Adam or Cabaña de Alfredo and arrive around 4:00 PM. Dinner will be served at 6:00 PM and sleep tonight in beds or hammocks with mosquito nets.
Breakfast will be at 5:30 AM and depart at 6:30 AM. Hike from the second station Cabaña de Adam or Cabaña de Alfredo to the Mamey region, which is approximately 6 hours. Arrive around 1:00 PM and enjoy lunch in the Mamey region. Return to Santa Marta by car for5:00 PM.
- Pick up and drop-off at your accommodation in Santa Marta or Taganga
- Free luggage storage service in the office
- Round trip transportation with the possibility of staying at the Tayrona Park entrance
- Accommodation in hammocks or beds with mosquito nets
- Accident Insurance
- Entrance ticket to the archaeological site of the Lost City
- An expert guide who speaks Spanish and English
- All meals (there will be mules carrying the food and expert chefs)
- Purified water
- Fruit and snacks
- Contributions to the development of the peasant and indigenous communities of the region
Prepare for the activity
- Insect repellent
• You must bring a dry bag or ziplock bags to keep your belongings dry, a torch or flashlight, a bottle for water, insect repellent, personal toiletries, and personal medication
• It is recommended that you bring swimwear, a camera, a deck of playing cards or a book, and a sleeping bag or sleep sheet
• You must acquire insurance against accidents