1-Day Small-Group Napa Valley Tour for Wine Lovers
Pickup includedPickup is available from most hotels in downtown San Francisco and Fisherman's Wharf. If your hotel is in a different area, you'll be provided with the closest pickup location. For pickup from the Hilton Union Square, please wait at the Mason Street entrance (eastern entrance) outside the main doors. Please call the local operator to re-confirm your exact pickup time and location.
- Explore the picturesque Napa Valley
- Tour Castello di Amorosa’s medieval castle
- Savor wines at Beringer Vineyards, Napa’s oldest winery
- Take an aerial tram ride to Sterling Vineyards
- Make a champagne toast at the Golden Gate Bridge
Leave the bustle of the city behind as you cross the Bay Bridge heading for California’s premier wine country. As you travel, you’ll observe and learn about the many microclimates and soil types that combine to produce some of the world’s best winemaking grapes, including cabernet sauvignon, chardonnay, merlot, zinfandel, pinot noir, and sauvignon blanc.
The first stop is at Castello di Amorosa, a medieval-style Tuscan castle winery constructed using more than 200 containers of European materials and furnishings. On your way to its vaulted wine cellars, check out the moat, drawbridge, towers, courtyards, and armory. Castello di Amorosa puts the same love and attention into its wines, which are elegant, intensely flavored, and well balanced.
Next, board an aerial tram for panoramic views of the Napa Valley on your way to Sterling Vineyard’s perch above the town of Calistoga. While tasting Sterling’s award-winning wines, roam the outdoor terraces and elegant tasting rooms inspired by the sun-bleached island of Mykonos. While known for its cabernet sauvignon, Sterling cultivates 10 vastly different terroirs producing wines of great distinction.
The tour then takes a lunch break in charming Calistoga. Among its hot springs, elegant spas, and yoga studios, you’ll have no trouble finding the perfect lunch spot, perhaps sampling another locally crafted wine with your meal.
You winery experience finishes on a high note at landmark Beringer Vineyards. While distinguished as the oldest continuously operating winery in Napa Valley and a National Historic site, Beringer’s estate is graced with 19th-century architecture and verdant gardens. Beringer cultivates diverse and prized vineyards across appellations from the highest hills in Napa to the valley floor behind the historic winery.
Though Napa’s wineries are the stars of this tour, your wine-enthusiast guide will leave just enough time on the return to San Francisco to make a champagne toast at the iconic Golden Gate Bridge before arriving back at your pickup location.
- Tour of Castello di Amorosa’s medieval castle
- Wine at Beringer, Napa’s oldest winery
- Aerial tram ride to Sterling Vineyards
- All wine tasting and touring fees
- Knowledgeable wine-enthusiast guide
- Small group tour
- Champagne toast at the Golden Gate Bridge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in San Francisco
- Onboard Wi-Fi
- People under 21 years
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
• The tour operator is not responsible for loss or damage of personal property on tours or for delays due to accidents, breakdowns, or adverse traffic and weather conditions on tours