Entry Tickets: San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA)
- Explore the vast collections of the newly expanded 170,000 square foot SFMOMA
- Enjoy the holdings of more than 33,000 modern and contemporary artworks among the world's most renowned artists
- Relax and enjoy a variety of beverage and dining experiences at Cafe 5, In Situ, or Sightglass Coffee Bar
The museum is committed to exploring the new, the challenging, and the unexpected. From its internationally recognized and rapidly growing collection of more than thirty thousand artworks to its innovative film and performance programs, SFMOMA has continuously advanced the interpretation, presentation, and preservation of modern and contemporary art — embracing its connection to the world around us.
Reflecting the Bay Area’s tradition of technological innovation and forward thinking, the museum was one of the first American art museums to recognize photography and film as art forms, and championed architecture, design, and media arts before they were focuses of museum collecting. The museum houses deep holdings of work by individual artists across their careers, particularly within its Painting and Sculpture collection. The museum are also dedicated to supporting and collecting the work of California artists, especially those active in the Bay Area.
Artists are at the center of the work on display. Curators and conservators work directly with artists to interpret, present, and care for an artwork across its lifetime, even — as in the case of performance — if it’s only for one night.
Located in San Francisco’s bustling SoMA district, SFMOMA is just steps from Yerba Buena Gardens, downtown hotels, the Moscone Center, public transportation (including BART and Muni), and numerous parking garages. SFMOMA's garage on Minna Street is a few steps from the museum's main entrance on Third Street. Plus, parking on-site directly supports the museum. Limited bicycle parking is also available.
- Entrance ticket to the Museum of Modern Art in San Francisco which can be enjoyed at your own pace
Prepare for the activity
• Entry to special exhibits can be added at the ticket desk for a nominal fee
• Download the free SFMOMA app and listen to beautifully produced stories featuring personalities not often heard in museums. Audio device rentals are available on floor 2. Download the Audio app via sfmoma.org/app
• Limited bicycle parking is available on-site