San Francisco Chinatown Culinary Walking Tour
- Sample the foods of the largest Chinatown outside Asia
- Try different types of Dim Sum
- Learn about Chinese teas and herbs
- Look inside a local Buddhist temple
- Visit Chinese markets and marvel at the produce
- See musical instruments that you have never seen before
- Marvel at Chinese antiquities and relics
- Watch artisans making Fortune Cookies by hand
See food markets and local restaurants, with a surprise around every corner. Watch artisans making Fortune Cookies by hand, and enliven your senses with new flavors, smells, and aromas. Your guide will help you search out authentic crafts and pottery, explore exotic produce, and learn about herbs and teas from the very people who know them best. Uncover the hidden secrets that only intrepid locals know about.
As you taste and see everything from Dim Sum to fortune cookies, teas, incredible antiquities, rare and unique musical instruments, and authentic cookware, you'll know you've really experienced Chinatown. Marvel at statuettes and ritual objects that are literally thousands of years old.
Visit a music center where you'll see musical instruments you've never seen before. Try different types of Dim Sum from the oldest Chinese bakery in San Francisco. Go to one of the city's oldest cathedrals, and look inside a Buddhist temple.
- 3-hour walking tour
- Food and beverages
Prepare for the activity
• You are advised to not eat too much before the tour as the tasting portions are ample, and the supplier wouldn't want you to miss out on any of the fabulous foods