Half-Day Tour to Hallstatt from Salzburg
- Travel through the famous Salzkammergut
- Take a mountain train ride up to the entrance of the world’s oldest salt mines
- Enjoy a leisurely lakeside walk and see houses clinging onto the mountainside
The route will take you through a number of charming villages, as you listen to an introduction to Hallstatt and the Salzkammergut. If you wish to do the Hallstatt Skywalk, the guide will collect the money for the ticket on the bus.
On arrival in Hallstatt you might begin your visit with a mountain train ride up to the entrance of the world’s oldest salt mines (though the tour does not visit the mine itself), where you can admire the views down onto Hallstatt.
In Hallstatt you will have 2.5 hours to take in the sights. Enjoy a leisurely walk along the lake and marvel how the houses above you seem to cling onto the mountainside. Pass by the Mullbach waterfall and visit the local museum.
A must-see attraction is the Bone House behind the Catholic church, which will give you an interesting view into local family life (admission not included).
You’ll then begin the return journey via Abtenau and Russbach to Gosau, where you’ll see the Gosau Lake and admire the views of the Dachtsein mountains.
- Round-trip bus transportation between Salzburg and Hallstatt
- Tour guide
- Admission fees
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
• Please note that there will not be time for an actual visit to the salt mine, as the bus will leave earlier
• If you wish to do the Skywalk, your guide will collect the money for the ticket on the bus
• For disabled guests/ wheelchair users: except for the Salt Mines Tour and the Eagle's Nest Tour, all tours are wheelchair accessible. Your wheelchair must be foldable and you will need to be able to get in and out of the coach or minivan by yourself (1-3 steps)