From Salou: Peñiscola and Ebro Delta Sightseeing Tour
- Wander the narrow streets of Peñiscola and see the House of Shells
- Check out the castle poised at the top of the town with beautiful sea views
- Stroll along the Ebro River, buy some local honey and rice, and spot flamingos
Spot colorful flamingos and other stilt birds resting in the marshes and wander along the river after a short guided introductory tour. Make stops for photos and take a short boat trip if you so choose (not included in the price). Pick up some rice and honey in the little shops scattered around the natural park and stop in at a restaurant for refreshments.
Journey on to Peñiscola, one of the most scenic villages in Spain where a number of films and shows (most famously Game of Thrones) have been shot. Marvel at the unique natural landscape of a town built upon a giant boulder formation at the tip of a peninsula. Walk through its small streets and admire the characteristic white houses with blue shutters. Glance up at colorful balconies decorated with plants and ceramic tiles. Check out the famous House of Shells and its striking seashell-encrusted facade.
As you reach the town's peak, take in views of the famous Castle of Peñiscola which was originally built in the 13th century and served as a refuge for the pope. Choose to enter and explore the fortification for an extra fee of 4€. Enjoy stunning views over the beaches which stretch out on both sides of the historic center.
- Pickup and drop off
- Tour guide
- Optional boat trip (approximately 8€)
- Optional castle entrance fee (approximately 4€)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Please arrive at the meeting point 5 minutes before the scheduled pickup time