Saint Thomas 2.5-Hour Mangrove Lagoon Tour
- Enjoy this nature and water-focused tour of Saint Thomas’ Mangrove Lagoon
- Experience the beauty of the Mangrove Lagoon Wildlife Sanctuary & Marine Reserve
- Kayak through the winding Manglar Islands in protected shallow waters
- Learn about the importance of the mangrove lagoon and coral reef ecosystems from your experienced guides
- Snorkel in a clear shallow protected lagoon – the calm water and easy beach entry is perfect for beginners
- Look out for nesting egrets, warblers, herons, and pelicans, and watch frigate birds, boobies, terns, and oyster catchers circling overhead
- See a variety of species of stingrays, sea turtles, barracuda, puffer fish, lobster, eel, octopus, and rainbow parrot fish
- Enjoy an award-winning tour with fun for all ages
Spot many birds’ nests in the trees, such as that of the endangered brown pelican, blue herons, night herons, egrets, yellow warblers, hummingbirds, and more. Juvenile fish hide among the many roots of the red Mangrove trees. Paddlers glide in clear shallow water and often see southern sting rays and spotted eagle rays gliding beneath them with an occasional show of one jumping into the air.
Arrive at the southernmost tip of Saint Thomas, where a fringing coral and shell rubble barrier reef divide the crystal clear waters of the lagoon and the Caribbean Sea. Snorkel in a coral-fringed mangrove nursery that provides easy snorkeling, perfect for beginners, in the clear protected waters.
Guides offer snorkeling instruction, point out the marine life, and interpret the diverse mangrove ecosystem.
- 2.5-hour guided tour
- All necessary safety gear
- Snorkel and kayak equipment
- Water bottles
- Free lockers
- Dressing room and toilet facilities
- Local taxes and fees
- Gratuity for your guides
Prepare for the activity
This water focused tour departs from the Mangrove Lagoon Marina at 10:00 and 2:00 daily. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour. Our main marina is located on the southeast side of Saint Thomas: Virgin Islands EcoTours 6526 Estate Nadir #2 Saint Thomas, V.I. 00802 Directions: From town: Take route 30 east until it intersects with route 32 (also the Bridge to Nowhere/Esso Station), turn right - southeast - and we are located on the right side of the road. We are the big green trailer with the mask and snorkel on the side. From Red Hook: Head southwest on route 32 towards town. We are located on the left side of the road. We are the big green trailer with the mask and snorkel on the side.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Biodegradable sunscreen
• Bathing suit
• Clothing that can get wet, hat, sunglasses, etc. for sun protection
• Footwear that can get wet
• A great attitude to have the best experience of your holiday!
Your payment is 100% refundable until 24 hours before the date and time your tour is due to depart. If you cancel your booking with less than 24 hours' notice or fail to show up for your tour, then the full cost of the tour will be charged to the credit card used to guarantee your tour.