Rovaniemi: Frozen Waterfalls of Korouoma Canyon Hike
Pickup includedPlease wait in the hotel lobby 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. Your driver will be waiting for you there. Drivers will wait no longer than 5 minutes after the scheduled pickup time.
- Take in panoramic views of the Korouoma Canyon Natural Park
- Explore the unforgettable trails and landscapes of the park
- Admire the breathtaking frozen waterfalls of Korouoma
- Enjoy a short BBQ by a campfire
The ice waterfalls are unique in Finland, and are perfect for walking around and appreciating the magical nature around them. On the Korouoma snowy trail you will experience deep snow and unforgettable forest landscapes, with the entire area a natural reserve. At the bottom of the canyon there is the Korojoki River, which later turns into the Kemijoki River. There are plenty of species discoverable in the nature of Korouoma, including deer, wild rabbits, foxes, and golden eagles.
Hiking is a great activity for the whole family, as anyone can do it and no previous experience is required. With winter overalls and snow boots provided, anyone can walk in deep snow without feeling any type of cold. You can admire the ice falls along the Koronjää Trail, which leads you past three of the most beautiful frozen waterfalls of the Korouoma Canyon. The Korouoma area in Posio is also an excellent area for a walking day tour and hike. There are many lean-to shelters with campfires in the area, and a campfire BBQ will be served to maintain your warmth and energy during the day. At your tour's conclusion, you will be driven back to your accommodation in the Rovaniemi city center.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in the Rovaniemi center
- Transportation in a minivan
- Day-trip to the Korouoma Canyon
- Professional guides
- Sausage BBQ by a campfire
Prepare for the activity
• This product operates rain or shine, except in the event of extreme weather events such hurricanes
• This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility