Te Puia Maori Village Entry & Optional Cultural Performance
- Explore Te Whakarewarewa Geothermal Valley with day entry to Te Puia
- See boiling mud pools and marvel at the world-famous Pohutu Geyser
- Spot the iconic New Zealand kiwi bird at the nocturnal house
- Learn about Maori traditions and legends on a complimentary guided tour
- Upgrade to include a 45-minute Maori cultural performance featuring the famous haka
Catch a rare sight of the iconic kiwi at a nocturnal kiwi house. Walk past bubbling mud pools and steaming springs in the Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley. Marvel at the Pohutu Geyser, which erupts up to 30-meters around 20 times a day.
On a complimentary guided tour, listen to stories and legends passed down over generations. Learn about Maori settlement in Rotorua. Watch master woodcarvers and artisans trained in the intricate art of weaving flax.
Select the optional upgrade to include a 45-minute Maori cultural performance. Start with a ceremonial welcome at the marae, or meeting place, including the nose-to-nose Maori greeting known as the hongi. See weaponry displays, poi dances and stick games, and be mesmerized by the haka war dance.
- Entry ticket to Te Puia
- Complimentary 60-minute guided tour
- 45-minute cultural performance - if option selected
- Complimentary onsite WiFi
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
State Highway 5, Hemo Road, Rotorua, New Zealand. There is plenty of free car parking onsite and the Rotorua bus route 11 runs from the i-SITE information centre on Arawa Street in Rotorua CBD to Te Puia. Bus tickets can be purchased from the i-SITE.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Te Puia opening hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily and you can use the included day pass to explore at your leisure
• Complimentary guided tours run daily on the hour from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
• Cultural performances are at 10:15 AM, 12:15 PM and 3:15 PM daily - if option selected when booking
• Food and beverages are available for purchase at the onsite cafe
• Te Puia is open in all weather so please wear weather appropriate clothing and bring a jacket or umbrella, just in case