Te Puia Afternoon Tour, Dinner & Evening Cultural Experience
Pickup optionalComplimentary pick-up and drop off from central Rotorua accommodation can be arranged, subject to availability.
- Discover Te Puia Māori Village on a special guided 1-hour afternoon tour with an experienced local guide
- Embrace local culture with a traditional Māori welcome ceremony and evening cultural performance
- Savor an exquisite Māori dinner prepared in the traditional hangi style
- Board a motorised 'waka' for a journey through the valley under lights
After complimentary pick-up or making your own way to the meeting point for check-in at 4:30 PM, embark on an exclusive extended tour of the Te Whakarewarewa geothermal valley. See the Pōhutu Geyser, jumping mud pools, and live kiwi birds. Watch master carvers and weavers at work and hear your guide share stories passed down from their ancestors.
Your evening cultural experience begins at 6:15 PM. Witness a traditional welcoming ceremony and intimate 45-minute concert performance. A delicious banquet dinner combines contemporary cuisine with a traditional hangi (earth-cooked oven meal), where food is steam-cooked by hot rocks in the earth.
Following dessert, enjoy Te Puia's illuminated thermal valley to enjoy their natural attractions like the world famous Pohutu geyser that explodes 30 meters high into the air. Enjoying more Maori-inspired delicacies and a hot beverage.
New Zealand mussels, sweet corn on the cob, traditional rewana bread (a traditional Māori sourdough-potato bread) and dips.
Hangi-cooked flavored meats, including chicken and lamb, along with vegetables, salads, soups, seafood, pasta, curry, breads, and dips (many of which are vegetarian and gluten-free).
Dessert buffet with New Zealand pavlova, steamed pudding, custard, chocolate-dipped cream puffs, ice-cream, trifle, and mousse.
Savor a local drink made from kawakawa extract and manuka honey. Tea and coffee provided. Select from a range of drinks available to purchase including wine, beer, and juices.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entry tickets to Te Puia
- 1-hour guided afternoon tour
- Traditional Maori welcome
- 45-minute Maori cultural performance
- Hangi-cooked dinner buffet and dessert
- Guided tour "Through the Valley Under Lights"
- Hot chocolate by Pohutu Geyser
Prepare for the activity
State Highway 5, Hemo Road, Rotorua, New Zealand. There is plenty of free car parking onsite and the Rotorua bus route 11 runs from the i-SITE information centre on Arawa Street central Rotorua to Te Puia. Bus tickets can be purchased from the i-SITE.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Complimentary hotel transfers can be arranged from central Rotorua, subject to availability
• Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available for dinner - please advise dietary requirements when booking
• The minimum drinking age in New Zealand is 18 years and a range of drinks are available to purchase including wine, beer, juices, tea and coffee
• This activity is wheelchair accessible - please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required