Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves Full-Day Tour from Rotorua
Pickup includedPick-up and drop off is available from all accommodation located in Rotorua. Please provide your accommodation details when booking and the local tour operator will confirm your pick-up details.
- Step into Hobbiton and explore the movie set on an official guided tour
- Enjoy a complimentary drink in the Green Dragon Inn
- Experience a magical boat ride through the Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Learn about the region with the help of your experienced local guide
- Travel in comfort in a modern air-conditioned vehicle
Set off on a journey of discovery at the infamous Waitomo Glowworm Caves. Sit back and relax as you take a magical boat ride beneath thousands of glowworms. Discover more about the 120 years of cultural and natural history on this fully guided tour and marvel at this mesmerizing natural light display as you silently glide through the wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto.
Continuing your fantastical journey, step into Hobbiton, where an official guide will show you around this breathtaking and impressive movie set. Wander into Hobbit holes, including Bilbo and Frodo's home, and take a turn around their vegetable patches with giant pumpkins! At the end of the tour, be transported to Middle Earth as you enjoy a complimentary drink in the Green Dragon Inn. If you're looking to experience some of New Zealand's top attractions, or are an avid Lord of the Rings fan, then this is a truly unmissable and unforgettable experience!
- Pick-up and drop off from your accommodation in Rotorua
- Transportation in a modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Experienced driver/ guide
- Informative and entertaining commentary in English
- Entry plus a 2-hour official tour of the Hobbiton movie set
- Entry plus a 40-minute official tour of the Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Information booklets in various languages at all venues
- Lunch (available to purchase on the day)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• Please wear casual clothing and comfortable shoes, as the guided tours involve walking
• All vehicles used are modern and feature dual air-conditioning, UV protection glass and meet the highest safety standards
• All bookings made within 36 hours of the tour will not be provided hotel pickup; you will be asked to come to Rotorua i-SITE Visitors Center instead