Rostock Zoo: Full-Day Entrance Ticket
- Discover more than 4,200 animals at Rostock Zoo, including gorillas and sloths
- Embark on an interactive journey through time and evolution in the Darwineum
- Admire polar bears and penguins in the Polarium
- Keep your children entertained with mini play and educational stations, as well as a petting zoo
- Escape the city and explore the amazing park area surrounding the zoo
Once inside the zoo, explore the various installations housing more than 4,200 animals. Experience the zoo residents in a natural environment consisting of a spacious park landscape and species-appropriate facilities. Be sure to check the feeding schedule for your chance to feed a penguin.
Let your children of all ages get close to the cuddliest of animals in the petting zoo. In the living museums, including the world-famous Polarium and Darwineum, take a journey of knowledge to the complex and varied natural spaces of the earth with the animal inhabitants.
In addition to the animal encounters, admire the variety of botanical treasures cultivated during Rostock Zoo's 120-year history. Feel enchanted by a symphony of colors in the dahlia district, flower magic in the rhododendron grove, exotic plants in the Darwineum, and the all-imposing trees on oak avenue.
- Entrance to the zoo, including access to the Polarium and the Darwineum
- Food and drinks
- Detailed map of the zoo (can be purchased for €0.50)
Prepare for the activity
The Zoo has 2 main entrances, both of which you can use to enter the zoo. If you are arriving by car, it's recommended to use the entrance located next to the parking lot: Barnstorfer Ring 1, 18069 Rostock. If you're arriving by train, it's recommended to use the entrance located next to the station "Trotzenburg": Tiergartenallee 6, 18059 Rostock.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a leash and outside of the animal houses at all times. You will need to purchase a dog ticket if you plan to bring your furry friend
• Other animals are not allowed
• The zoo does not close so you may stay and explore the zoo in your own time. However, please be aware of the admission times:
• March to April: 9 AM-5 PM
• May to August: 9 AM-6 PM
• September to October: 9 AM-5 PM
• November to February: 9 AM-4 PM
• All animal houses, including the Darwineum and Polarium, will close 1 hour after last entry