Vatican Small Group Morning Tour with Secret Room Access
- Visit the Vatican before official opening hours during an extensive tour
- See an additional and exclusive Secret Room called the Cabinet of the Masks
- Enjoy an intimate small group experience of only 6 people with an expert guide
- Marvel at the stunning art and architecture inside St Peter's Basilica
- Witness the beautiful painted ceilings in the Sistine Chapel
In the quiet of the morning, walk through and enjoy the Pinecone Courtyard and the Museo Clementino. Then make your way to the secret room – the Cabinet of the Masks, not open to the general public and only available on this tour. Beyond the velvet ropes, view the spectacular mosaic floors carefully brought over from Hadrian's Villa in Tivoli, and view stunning depictions of Aphrodite and Nympha in various sculptures. Follow your guide through the Hall of Animals, Gallery of Statues, and Hall of Busts which also display masterpieces unseen to the public.
With your expert guide, make your way along the Vatican Museums and stop in front of the breathtaking Belvedere Torso and take photos from only a few feet away. Walk through the Gallery of Tapestries where you can see the work of Raphael’s students, and continue through the Gallery of Maps which fill the entire hall leading up to the highlight of the tour – Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel. Before entering, your guide will give you all the information you will need to know to truly appreciate this masterpiece. Your guide will then lead you into the chapel where you will have plenty of time to enjoy and study this beautiful work of art.
The final stop of the tour will be the beautiful Basilica of St Peter’s, where you can admire the stunning architecture that is adorned by infamous art, such as Pietà by Michelangelo - crafted when he was just 25 years old - and the Baldacchino, the large bronze canopy sculpted by Bernini that frames the altar of the Basilica.
- Skip-the-ticket-line access and tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St Peter's Basilica
- Exclusive access to the Cabinet of the Masks
- Small group of only 6 people
- Professional local expert guide