Vatican and Colosseum 1-Day Combo Tour
- Skip the long lines to the Vatican Museums
- See masterpieces of art from the papal collection
- Combine the most important attractions of Rome in a single day
- Learn about the famous gladiatorial battles of the Colosseum
- Get stunning views of the Circus Maximus and Roman Forum from Palatine Hill
Climb to Palatine Hill to see the site of the imperial palace that overlooked the Circus Maximus, and listen to the legend of the city's founders, Romulus and Remus. Get some free time for lunch or explore on your own.
For the second part of the tour, the Vatican Museums tour, meet your guide at the local tour operator's office. Then, skip the long lines to the Vatican Museums and discover masterpieces of art from the papal collections. Wander through some of the 1,400 galleries to see Roman and Etruscan antiquities. Learn the history of the art from an accredited guide as you see highlights such as the Gallery of Tapestries and Gallery of Maps. Enter Michelangelo’s miraculous Sistine Chapel and then head through a reserved entrance to enter St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Reserved entrance to the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Entrance tickets for all sights
- Guided tour of the Vatican Museums, Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
- Headsets to hear your guide (Vatican Museums only)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point for the Colosseum is Via di San Giovanni in Laterano, 14, 00184 Roma RM, Italy. A 5-minute walk from the Colosseum Metro Line B Stop. Close to the Colosseum monument. For the Vatican Museums tour, the meeting point is at 3:30 PM at the local supplier's office in Via Germanico, 16, 00192 Roma RM, Italy. This is a short distance from the "Ottaviano" Metro (line A) Stop, heading towards the Vatican City Walls. Please plan to be at the meeting point 30 minutes prior to the stated tour departure time, to check in with a staff member.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Student card
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
• You must bring photo ID the be able to enter the monument and you may be denied entrance without it
• Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women to enter
• On the day of your visit, certain areas may be closed due to religious events or national holidays
• Capacity regulations, security, and decisions made by the monument staff may delay the tour departure (by up to 20 minutes). The tour is also subject to last-minute changes.
• Cancellations, changes or issues due to weather, security, and events held by the monument are beyond the tour provider's control and are directly decided by their administration team
• Large bags, backpacks, or suitcases are not permitted (only very small bags). Please note that there is no cloakroom available to store your items.
You might also like...
Product ID: 125183