Rome: Vatican Highlights Skip-the-Line Group Tour
- Skip the long lines to the Vatican Museums and see the highlights in a group
- Follow a carefully planned route to see the very best of 9 miles of art
- Marvel at Michelangelo's frescoes in the Sistine Chapel just before closing time
- See ancient maps from the Middle Ages
- Gaze in awe at art by Raphael, Bernini, Bramante and many more
Boasting 9 miles of galleries, it can be hard to know where to start, but your guide will take you on a carefully planned route perfected over the years. Discover the bigger picture of power and politics in the Vatican City and how it interacts with art.
Go to the rooms of former popes in the Raphael Rooms, and wander down the extraordinary Gallery of Maps to see how ancient cartographers mapped the world through history. End in the Sistine Chapel (just before closing time), where you are free to spend as much time as you like. Gaze in awe at Michelangelo’s miraculous frescoes, including his depiction of the “Last Judgment” on the ceiling.
If open, you are also free to skip-the-line to St. Peter's Basilica, saving you hours of waiting time. Explore the stunning naves, apse and chapels of the Renaissance church on your own, and marvel at staggering art and architecture by Bramante, Raphael and Michelangelo.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Vatican Museums (including reservation fee)
- English-speaking guide
- Skip-the-line entrance to St. Peter's Basilica (when open)
- Guided tour of St. Peter's Basilica
- Hotel transfers
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at the green bar (called l'Ottagono) in Piazza del Risorgimento. Meet just outside the green bar in the middle of Piazza del Risorgimento Square. This is the only bar/cafè located on the square. The bar is on the side of the square towards via Crescensio - close to Tram stop number 19.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Unfortunately the tour cannot accommodate guests with mobility issues. Please contact the local supplier for private tour options
• The Vatican policy insists that guests cover their shoulders and knees inside the Museums and Basilica at all times
• Please note that St. Peter's Basilica is subject to closure without notice. On these occasions guests cannot use the skip-the-line entrance, and the tour will end inside the Sistine Chapel