Rome: Colosseum and Ancient Rome Small Group Tour
- Explore the monumental arena of Rome's Colosseum
- See the site where Julius Caesar's funeral took place and where his ashes were places
- Discover fine examples of the Roman building art
- Visit the heart of the Roman Empire
- Follow in the footsteps of Roman emperors at the Imperial Fora
Start your tour at the monumental Colosseum. Built almost 2,000 years ago, the Colosseum remains a staggering feat of engineering, and one of the most iconic monuments in the history of mankind! Relive the final moments of a gladiator, and hear the roaring crowd of more than 60,000 spectators.
Continue to the Roman Forum and tread the same roads as Julius Caesar, the emperor Augustus, and other great men of ancient times. Stop to reflect upon the place where Julius Caesar’s ashes were placed. Then, walk along the Sacred road where Vestal priestesses walked up to their house and their temple. See the Senate House and admire the courts where the most important figures of the ancient world spoke.
Go up on the hill of the Palatine, where the most important emperors lived, starting from Augustus and walk through the great Domitian Palace. Admire the oldest botanical garden in the West, the Farnese Gardens, or Horti Farnesiani. Learn the story of the location of the Lupercal, the cave where Romulus and Remus were found by the she-wolf.
- Local guide
- Entrance tickets with skip-the-line access
- Food and drinks
- Earphones (EUR 3 payable to the guide if needed)
Prepare for the activity
• Tours operate in all weather conditions, so please dress accordingly
• This is a small group tour of maximum 13 participants
• Minimum numbers apply for this tour. If the minimum requirement is not met, the tour may be cancelled or rescheduled. In the event of a cancellation you will be offered an alternative date or full refund