Vatican & Ancient Rome: 6.5-Hour Skip-the-Line Tour
- Enjoy priority admission to the top sites in Rome and the Vatican
- Experience the splendor of the Vatican museums, St. Peter's, and the Sistine Chapel
- See the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, Piazza Navona, and the Trevi Fountain
This is a unique opportunity to see the most important sites of the Vatican and historical Rome.
At the Vatican, you’ll enjoy priority admission on your visits to St. Peter’s Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, and the Vatican museums.
In the afternoon, your guide will take you to see monuments dating as far back as the Roman era. Visit the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Pantheon. See Piazza Navona and the Trevi Fountain and listen as your guide tells you about their fascinating history.
- Approximately 6.5-hour combination walking tour
- Vatican Museum entrance ticket
- Priority entrance to the Sistine Chapel & St. Peter's Basilica (entry to St. Peter's Dome not included, Raphael rooms visit available only during the 8:30 AM morning tour)
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets to the Colosseum and the Roman Forum
- Live guide and personal headset
- Free wi-fi, recharging stations and bathroom access
- Hotel transfers
- Tickets to Saint Peter's Dome
- Guided visit to Saint Peter's Dome
Prepare for the activity
There are two different meeting points for this combination tour: 1) 25 minutes before the tour departure time (as listed on your booking) you have to be at the tour operator's office on Via Germanico 8. The nearest metro station is Ottaviano (line A). Please note that you will be not able to join the group if you do not arrive at the office. 2) The meeting point for the second part of the tour is at Piazza del Arco di Costantino. Leaving the metro station Colosseo on the ground floor, cross the road to the Colosseum. Walk around the right side of the monument until you get to the Arch of Costantine. A representative will be waiting right under the arch on the other side.Open in Google Maps ⟶
24 and 31 December and Wednesdays from 08:00 to 12:00
• On rare occasions, St. Peter’s Basilica can close without notice. If this happens, you'll spend a full 3-hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Any affected dates will be listed as they become available. The tour guide will aim to notify guests if St. Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed upon commencement of the tour. It is beyond the tour operator's control, so no refunds or discounts will be issued
• Dress code at the Vatican requires your shoulders and knees to be covered. This is strictly enforced and if you are not dressed accordingly, you may be refused entry
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible
• The Vatican tour and the ancient Rome tour are each 3.5-hours long