Rome: Papal Audience, Vatican Museums, and St. Peter's
- Receive the papal blessing at a public audience with the Holy Father
- Enjoy a typical Italian meal at a Roman restaurant
- Skip the long ticket lines waiting to enter the Vatican Museums
- Marvel at Michelangelo’s frescoes in the Sistine Chapel
You’ll be picked up at your central Rome hotel early in the morning and transferred to Vatican City.
This unique experience includes a short panoramic tour of Via Nazionale, Piazza Venezia, Corso Vittorio, Corso Rinascimento, and the Lungotevere, with a drop off at Piazza dei Tribunali. To reach St. Peter’s Square, your group will walk past Castel Sant’Angelo and along Via della Conciliazione.
You’ll check in at the Square with your guaranteed ticket, and the professional guide will recommend the best place for viewing the ceremony.
After the event you’ll be taken to a typical Roman restaurant nearby to enjoy a meal before returning to the Vatican. You’ll be introduced to the masterpieces of Christian Rome, including the renowned Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica, with skip-the-ticket-line privileges and the insider’s point of view provided by your guide.
The Vatican Museums comprise 54 different galleries including 4 statue museums. You’ll have the opportunity to see many of the most famous works of art in the world, by artists such as Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Carvaggio, Raphael, and Giotto, to name a few.
The 54th gallery of the Vatican Museums is the famed Sistine Chapel. Completed around 1483, this is arguably the most famous chapel in the world due to the artwork it houses. See extraordinary frescoes including the famous ceiling and the Last Judgement by Michelangelo.
You’ll also skip the ticket lines waiting to enter St. Peter’s Basilica, a popular pilgrimage site. The Basilica is the largest church in the world and a shining example of Renaissance architecture.
- Booking and pickup of the papal audience tickets
- Guaranteed admission to the papal audience
- Exclusive skip-the-ticket-line entrance to the Vatican Museums
- Professional guide
- Blessing of rosary beads (optional; rosary not included)
- Hotel pickup for Papal Audience is not included
Prepare for the activity
• All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
• Unfortunately this tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• As this is a full-day tour which starts very early in the morning, you are advised to enjoy a rich breakfast before the tour starts or to request a breakfast box from your hotel.