Panoramic Bus Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia Port
- See magnificent St. Peter’s Basilica and choose an optional tour of the interior
- Toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain in the Baroque center of Rome
- Admire the wonderful Altar of the Fatherland in the famous Venice Square
The first stop is just a stone’s throw away from the Palazzaccio (Palace of Justice) in Piazza dei Tribunali. From here you can admire the most powerful and imposing castle ever built in Rome, Castel Sant’Angelo.
Nearby you’ll marvel at magnificent St. Peter's Basilica from the top of Via della Conciliazione. Feast your eyes on the semi-circular colonnades that frame St. Peter's Square, designed and built by Bernini in the 17th century. Choose an optional tour of St. Peter's Basilica, with its Baroque and Renaissance facade that dominates the square and the skyline with its perfectly designed dome.
Meet your tour leader at a designated point for the second part of the tour. You'll be driven on the bus for a panoramic ride along the streets near the Tiber, cross it near the Tiberine Island, see the Pyramid of Cestius, and the second largest Roman baths called the Baths of Caracalla.
At the end of this amazing panoramic ride, you will stop in Via Petroselli, near the Theatre of Marcellus. When you reach the Capitoline Hill you'll see the beautiful Cordonata that leads to Piazza del Campidoglio. When you reach the Althar of the Fatherland, you will see the famous Via dei Fori Imperiali leading to the Coliseum.
Then you'll be able to observe the Traian’s Forum, and continue to the Trevi Fountain where you can toss a coin into the water to ensure that you’ll return to Rome one day!
Next on the itinerary is a break for a quick lunch or just an ice cream (gelato), if you prefer.
Admire the incredibly well-preserved Pantheon, built as a temple with a massive dome. You may enter to see the tombs of Victor Emanuell II and Raphael.
You’ll see Piazza Navona with the 4 Rivers Fountain by Bernini, before ending your visit to Rome and heading back to the Civitavecchia port.
- Pick-up and drop off in Civitavecchia
- Transfers by comfortable, air-conditioned coach
- Tour leader
- Onboard narration from the tour leader
- Free time at each stop
- Admission to the Coliseum and Roman Forum
- Priority admission to St. Peter's Basilica
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Please take the free shuttle bus service from your cruise ship to the meeting point "Largo della Pace", which is at the end of the shuttle service ride. The ride takes about 10 minutes from the cruise ship to the meeting point. Your bus is located at Largo della Pace, Civitavecchia. Staff will be waiting for you and dressed in yellow shirts. It is extremely important that you are at the meeting point no later than 9:15 AM. Departure is at 09:30/9:40 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• Admission to the Coliseum and Roman Forum are not included in the tour price. The panoramic tour will provide an external view of these monuments
• Priority entrance to St. Peter's Basilica is not included. This can be purchased just before boarding the coach. The rate will be only €22 per person
• The language for the tour inside the Basilica can be requested when booking the service, before boarding the coach
• It is extremely important that if you wish to enter the Basilica, you must have your knees, shoulders, midriff, and cleavage covered as the Vatican can otherwise refuse entry
• During special events inside St. Peter's Basilica, guided tours are not allowed to enter