Rome: Food and Wine Tasting Tour in the Trastevere
- Find the best spots to enjoy Italian wine, aperitivo, and dinner in Rome—and use them during the rest of your stay
- Discover the scenic Trastevere neighborhood, a favorite of creatives and artists from all over the world
- Eat one of Rome’s best carbonaras at a family-run trattoria opened in the 1800s
- Dive into the world of Italian wine with four different varieties—and an aperitivo cocktail
Start things off by saying “cin cin!” with a glass of prosecco in hand. Pair it with a variety of local meats and cheeses at a wine bar known for its extensive wine list and warm, laid-back atmosphere. At your next stop, take part in a quintessential Italian tradition and sip on a refreshing favorite aperitivo cocktail. What better place to enjoy one than a bar where locals meet and socialize with friends, surrounded by decor that hasn’t changed in 50 years?
Next up, weave your way through the charming backstreets of the Trastevere to visit a fantastic local restaurant with a modern twist. Sample a spread of local delicacies, including tomato and burrata bruschetta and fried salt cod paired with two different regional varieties of white wine. Continue your Italian gastronomic immersion at one of the area’s most renowned traditional trattorias for a pasta experience true to the city. Enjoy classic Roman pasta paired with hearty Italian red wine at an atmospheric spot that dates back to the 19th century.
End your tasting tour with dessert at an artisanal gelateria famous for its local, seasonal flavors. Learn what you need to look out for in order to separate the real-deal gelatarias from the tourist traps.
- 8+ dishes to taste (enough for dinner)
- 6 different local drinks
- Guide with lots of local recommendations and eating tips
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Children under 18 years
Prepare for the activity
Your guide will be waiting for you in the square, Piazza di San Cosimato, across the road from Bar Il Siciliano, which is located at Piazza di San Cosimato, 61, holding a Devour Rome sign.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• This tour operates rain or shine
• Gratuities are not included and are left to individual discretion (the standard gratuity in the tour industry is 10-15 percent)
• If you have a dietary requirement or food allergy, please inform supplier at least 24 hours in advance
• This tour is not recommended for those with lactose intolerance, celiac disease, or vegans