Rome: 2-Hour Vatican Museums Highlights for Families
- Be led by an expert guide trained to work with children and able to breathe life into the history of the masterpieces to make the Vatican come to life
- Delight in carefully crafted props, visual aids, and learning activities; all specifically developed to make sure your kids stay engaged
- See treasures like the popemobile, the stories behind the ancient Egyptian artifacts, trace Michelangelo's inspiration for the Sistine Chapel and more
- Benefit from the special partner's skip-the-ticket-line access to the museums
- Get skip-the-ticket-line access to explore St. Peter's Basilica at your own pace
Parts of the museum have been carefully chosen so that your kids will like the best, weaving a rich narrative that covers not only the Vatican’s timeless masterpieces, but also the history of the Papacy itself. Your young travelers will embark on a journey they will never forget as they explore with their expert guide and imagination to lead them. See the popemobile, the wonders of ancient Egypt, the Gallery of Maps, and trace Michelangelo's inspiration through the Vatican's original collection that led to some of the most important figures in the Sistine Chapel ceiling and Last Judgment frescoes, perhaps the greatest artistic achievements of all time, all done by just one person. You'll discover that even geniuses have their limits when you see what Michelangelo thought a whale looked like. After the tour ends inside the majesty of the Sistine Chapel, your guide will show you and your family where to gain direct skip-the-ticket-line access to St. Peter's Basilica, which you will be able to explore at your own pace to see more treasures, like Michelangelo's Pietà inside the largest and most important Catholic church in the world.
Thanks to this handpicked itinerary with specific activities focusing on making sure your kids get the most out of their Vatican experience and special attention from your expert guide, this fun and informative tour is sure to be a hit with the whole family, and your kids will also feel that you did something special for them as they discover the best of the Vatican Museums.
- Tour as per description
- Skip-the-ticket-line access to the Vatican Museums
- Skip-the-ticket-line access to St Peter’s Basilica
- Groups of 20 pax
- English-speaking guide
- Headsets so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/ drop-off
- Food/ beverages
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. The coordinators will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition. // The closest metro stop is on line A (red line): Ottaviano - Musei Vaticani (a 10 - 15 minute walk).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Sleeveless shirts
• This tour is intended for children between 7 and 12 years of age, and some of the interactive format includes reading and writing.
• The Basilica is subject to last minute closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, it is possible for customers to have longer tours of the Vatican Museums in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour.
• Guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated at this time.
• Strollers or baby carriages can also not be accommodated on group tours.
• Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.