From Rome: Private Pompeii Day Trip by Car/Train
Pickup optionalOutside your hotel in Rome. (Please note: hotel pickup only applies when your hotel/accommodation is located within the Aurelian Walls).
- See the best-preserved Roman ruins in the world
- Experience Ancient Roman life in the Forum and the Bath-house
- Stand before the moving plaster casts of the victims
- Discover Ancient Rome’s sinful side in the brothel
- Enjoy skip-the-line access
Your tour begins with the magnificent theaters of Pompeii, where you’ll learn about the town’s vibrant civic life. Continue down the main street, where all the fast food places, launderettes and other businesses show how lively this ancient town once was.
Your expert guide will show you two Grand Roman Villas, and explain how Rome’s wealthy lived and worked. Onward to the Roman bath-houses, where you’ll discover how important ritual washing was to this society, for personal and political reasons.
Finally, you’ll head to the Roman Forum. There, you’ll discover the Temples and Basilicas which made Roman society. It’s also where you’ll find the evocative plaster casts of the people who were killed by Mount Vesuvius’ eruption.Alternatively, choose the train option and make your own way to Pompeii by train and meet your guide at Pompeii train station.
- Hotel pickup/drop-off (when located within the Aurelian wall)
- Round trip transport between Rome and Pompeii
- Private driver and car with air conditioning
- Private guided tour of Pompeii
- Admission fees
- Priority (skip-the-line) entry
- Headsets (when your group exceed 6+ people)
- Food and beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
Pompeii train station. When you disembark the train from Rome to Pompeii, your guide will meet you just outside the train station. They will be holding a sign with the Roma Experience logo on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Weather-appropriate clothing
• The sites visited on this tour are outdoors, therefore make sure to take weather appropriate precautions (e.g. sun cream, water bottles, or umbrella)
• Moderate/advanced level of fitness is required due to the amount of walking involved