Rome: Colosseum, Forum and Palatine Hill Private Tour
- Skip the long line to the Colosseum and imagine the gladiator spectacles
- Walk along the Via Sacra of the Roman Forum
- Stand on the spot where Rome was founded on Palatine Hill
- Learn the legend of Romulus and Remus
- Visit the ruined palaces of the Roman emperors
- Customize your private tour to see the access areas you want to see
You will enjoy skip-the-line access to all sites with pre-booked reserved tickets, and tours can be tailored to visit any of the general access areas within the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
Enter the Colosseum to experience first-hand the world’s most famous stadium. Imagine the scenes of ferocious battles between gladiators and exotic animals in centuries gone by. Your guide will paint a vivid portrait that brings it all to life.
Next, go to Ancient Rome’s political and commercial center at the Roman Forum, and see the temple of the altar of Julius Caesar. Stroll along the original paths of the Forum to admire the astonishing remains of the Via Sacra (“Sacred Way”).
End by climbing Palatine Hill, where the Roman emperors constructed their palaces. It is also here that Rome was founded, after Romulus killed his brother Remus following a quarrel. Wander through the Roman Empire’s majestic villas and gardens and experience up close where the emperors lived, ruled, and became immortal.
- Skip-the-line entrance to all sites
- Entrance and reservation fee to the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill
- English-speaking guide
- Headsets if needed to hear your guide better
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at the "Colosseo" metro station (B/Blue Line). They will be waiting wearing a blue "City Wonders" polo shirt or jacket for easy recognition. Upon exiting the turnstiles of the metro, turn right down the tiled hall to the escalator/stairs inside the metro station. At the top of the escalator, go right and up the short flight of stairs to exit. Turn left and take the stairs ahead on the left to the small, oval-shaped “square” with views of the Colosseum. This is the meeting pointOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note that this tour involves a fair amount of walking, including hills and stairs. Comfortable shoes are recommended
• The local supplier regrets that they are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. They are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on group tours
• Large bags or suitcases will not be permitted in the Colosseum or Roman Forum, and there are no cloakroom facilities for storage