From Rome: Skip-the-Line Pompeii & Vesuvius Day Trip
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii with an officially licensed guide, with audio headsets provided so you won’t miss a word
- Enjoy breathtaking views from the summit of Mount Vesuvius (during summer)
- Benefit from free time o explore the bustling city of Naples (during winter)
- Travel from Rome in a fully air-conditioned private coach, accompanied all the way by an expert tour coordinator
- Eat typical Neapolitan pizza (if option selected)
You’ll travel from Rome to Pompeii in an air-conditioned private coach, accompanied all the way by your expert tour coordinator. Benefit from skip-the-line entry as one of Pompeii’s own officially licensed guides shows you around the city, painting a vivid picture of life in final days before the eruption. Throughout the ruins, you’ll come across death casts: plaster recreations of unfortunate citizens preserved by the superheated volcanic ash.
In addition to the guided portion of your tour, you’ll have time for wandering and picture-taking in Pompeii – followed by an authentic Neapolitan pizza lunch (if option selected).
It’s a short coach ride from Pompeii to the foot of the volcano that still looms above it. A half-mile hike from the parking lot takes you right to the sometimes still-steaming crater of Mt. Vesuvius – still perhaps the most dangerous volcano in the world.
In the winter months, when Vesuvius is closed for hiking, the tour travels from Pompeii to Naples, with panoramic views of the volcano and historical commentary from your tour coordinator along the way. You’ll have ample free time to explore Naples before the comfortable coach returns you to Rome.
- All transportation
- Ticket and reservation fees for Vesuvius and Pompeii
- Audio set to hear the guide wherever you are
- Lunch of Neapolitan pizza and a drink (if option selected)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
In the center of the square “Piazza del Popolo” – Metro Line A – Flaminio. At the fountain with the lions and obelisk. The coordinator will be wearing a blue polo shirt or jacket.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
• The hike up to the crater of Vesuvius is optional and requires a good level of general fitness to complete. The hike is prevalently on soft ground, adequate footwear is recommended. Those who choose may remain at the parking area and enjoy the views.