Pantheon: One Hour Early Morning Guided Tour with a Local
- Visit the Pantheon, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- Find out the history behind the Pantheon, now more than 1,300 years old
- Learn about the different materials used to build this beautiful structure
- Go early in the morning to avoid the crowds
- See the the side chapels and the remarkable dome
Your guide will talk about the building’s origin as a temple for the gods and you’ll also learn about how this miraculous structure was built and the different guises it took on over the centuries. You’ll discover side chapels that contain the tombs of the Kings of Italy and other famous names, such as Raphael, and hear some of their stories.
Spend time examining the remarkable dome that, unbelievably, is bigger than the dome at St Peter’s. The dome itself represents the heavenly sphere of the gods and has been studied by some of the world’s greatest architects, including Brunelleschi and Michelangelo. In addition, see the Pantheon from the outside where you will see the original level the Pantheon was built upon. In the ancient world, the city of Rome was closer to sea level than it is now. Your tour ends where it began. Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for tips on what else to see and do during your stay in Rome.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Foods and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Information desk inside the Pantheon situated on the right-hand side. Your guide will be wearing supplier branded clothing or holding a supplier logo sign. Address: Pantheon - Piazza della Rotonda 00186 Roma RMOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
• This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform the supplier if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6