Palazzo Farnese: Renaissance Residence Tour with Lunch
Pickup optionalLargo della Pace, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italia. It is the meeting point and last stop of the free port shuttle bus that picks up you from the boat. The driver will be holding a sign with your name on it.
- Walk through an authentic Renaissance building
- View superb paintings of a mannerist style
- Walk through the beautiful gardens of Italian middle-age style
- See the "Room of the World Map" and the "Royal staircase"
You can witness the amazing frescoes of the winter suite, the famous "Room of the World Map" or “Sala del Mappamondo”, displaying the world as it was in 1574 when the frescoes were completed. Gaze at the depiction of the continents on one side of the wall while the wall opposite the planisphere is devoted to the lands where Christianity and the church originated, Judea and Italy.
The Royal Staircase is next and is already being hailed as a masterpiece of Vignola's, having been imitated several times throughout history. The most original aspect of the structure is its helicoidal structure inspired by Bramante's great "snail" in the Vatican. The gardens of the villa are as impressive as the building itself, a significant example of a Renaissance Italian garden. They sit behind the palace and are divided into a winter garden and a summer garden. A walk through the chestnut woods leads to the "giardino segreto", or secret garden, with its 28 statues. At the end of your tour, it will be possible to have lunch in the Caprarola city center, where you can taste authentic, local food.
Upgrade your tour to include a visit to the Monster Park in Bomarzo and the beautiful renaissance garden of Villa Lante, Viterbo, by selecting the option when booking.
- Pick-up and drop off from Civitavecchia port
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Largo della Pace, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italia. It is the meeting point and last stop of the free port shuttle bus that picks up you from the boat. The driver will be holding a sign with your name on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Remember that is not permitted to visit churches in shorts, miniskirts or with uncovered shoulders
• Please make sure you have a valid ID with you; visitors could be asked to provide an ID or passport for security reasons