Necropolis and St. Peter's Basilica Guided Tour
- Enjoy reserved entrance to St. Peter's Basilica
- Make the ultimate pilgrimage to the Tomb of St. Peter
- Discover a Roman burial site beneath the Vatican Grottoes
Discover a Roman cemetery next to Nero’s Circus, and see graves dating back to the 1st and 4th centuries. Experience the revered sites from the early Christian civilization, and make the pilgrimage of all pilgrimages to the tomb of the apostle Peter, known as the first "pope" of Christianity.
Enter St. Peter's Basilica and marvel at the main temple of Christianity as you step across the threshold and are greeted by the grandeur of the interior. Look at masterpieces of religious art, including Michelangelo's "La Pieta,” the Altar of the Confession, where the pope celebrates mass, and Bernini's stunning bronze canopy of the Baldachin.
Be dazzled by the rich ornamentations of marble, bas-reliefs, sculptures, mosaics and gilded stucco work throughout the cathedral.
- Reserved entrance
- Entrance ticket for the Necropolis
- Official Vatican guides (both for the Necropolis and St. Peter's Basilica)
- Guided or audio guide tour of the Cupola (Dome)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Optional activity costs
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is located – as you face the Basilica – on the right-hand side of the square, outside the colonnade, outside the Vatican Post Office. Look for staff wearing a blue jacket with the local supplier's logo. They will be waiting for you 15 minutes before the scheduled tour time and will accompany you through a dedicated gate to enter St. Peter's Basilica.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Selfie sticks
• You must be at least 15 years old to participate
• Clothing must be suitable for the holy place: men must wear long trousers and women must wear skirts/trousers below the knee. Shoulders must always be covered. If you do not respect the dress code, you may not be allowed entrance inside the Necropolis