Ancient Rome Segway Tour
- Explore the Imperial treasures of Rome by Segway
- Glide along ancient streets in the footsteps of emperors
- Admire the exterior of the Colosseum and ride past the Roman Forum
- Get off the beaten path to discover hidden Roman sights with an expert guide
- Discover local secrets with a Tour Leader that speaks your language (two languages maximum per tour)
- Select the express 2 hour segway tour if you are short on time
On this Segway tour, you'll hear the tale of Romulus and Remus in addition to the stories of the Caesars and ancient rulers of Rome. If you have never been on a Segway before, you are in for a treat. It's a fun way to get around the 7 hills of Rome, and your guide will show you all the most important sites in a fun and environmentally-friendly way.
Following a brief training session on the self-balancing vehicles, set off on a 3.5-hour tour through all the imperial wonders of the Eternal City, including the Roman Forum, Circus Maximus, Palatine HIll, and the Colosseum. Your guide will also point out lesser known treasures, where you will get a real sense of the grandeur of the city. And, before you depart, make sure to ask about where to head for the best pizza and wine in the city.
- Segway rental
- Tour leader
- iPod touch video/audio guides
- Entrance tickets to the attractions
When you get there
Meet your guide at Via Celimontana, 30-32. Nearest metro station: Colosseo. From the exit of the Colosseo Subway (Metro B line) go left on Via dei Fori Imperiali. Reach the traffic light and make a right turn, then turn to your left and cross the street again. The street you see on your right side is Via San Giovanni Laterano. Take it, walk straight ahead and turn right at the second street into Via Celimontana. Two blocks up the hill on the left hand side you will find number 30-32.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
• Pregnant women cannot take part in Segway tours
• This tour can only accommodate people weighing between 99 lbs (45 kg) and 249 lbs (113 kg)
• Participants must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
• It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
• Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
• This is an audio-visual Segway tour. This means that touristic information is given through videos on iPod players.
• Adult pricing applies to all customers
• There is a maximum of 8 people per group