From Rome: Pope's Summer Residence & Vatican Museum
- Experience VIP Access to the Vatican Museums via private Partner Entrance
- Take in the stunning view of Lake Albano from the privileged position of the Papal Terrace at the Apostolic Palace
- Board the recently opened Vatican Train and see parts of the Vatican State long hidden from the public
- Enjoy a tour of the Barberini Gardens and Papal Residence at Castel Gandolfo by an official Vatican guide
Your guide will do their best to prepare you for the world-famous grandeur of the Sistine Chapel, but you may still find yourself overwhelmed when you step into this hushed and sacred space. Afterward, you’ll have a rare chance to reflect in the Vatican meditation gardens and to discover the hidden beauty of the Rose Garden and Renaissance villas.
Everything you’ll see for the rest of this full-day tour was off-limits to the public until recently, starting with the Vatican Train. As the train takes you to Castel Gandolfo in the lush Alban Hills, your guide will fill you in on the history of this long-hidden region. On arrival, an official Vatican guide will show you around the Barberini Gardens, whose balance of Imperial Roman and classical influences surrounds the whole Renaissance complex in tranquil beauty.
After some free time for lunch, you’ll enter the Papal Residence for a private tour that includes the Pope’s own bedroom, study, and chapel. You’ll hear expert insights into the lives and traditions of Popes past and present, as well as the residence’s role as a sanctuary for refugees during World War II. After the tour, you’ll have time to look out to sea from the Papal Terrace, as Popes have done since the 17th century.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket for Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel
- English-speaking official Vatican guide
- Return Train to Castel Gandolfo
- Lake Albano
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. Address: Viale Vaticano, 100, 00192 Roma RM, Italy. Your tour guides will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets with the local supplier's name on for easy recognition.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
• Regretfully guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated at this time.
• Strollers or baby carriages on group tours can also not be accommodated
• Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. The local tour provider cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress