Exclusive Vatican Tour By Night
- Explore the Vatican Museums during special night time hours with fewer tourists
- Learn about the history of the Vatican Museums with a professional English-speaking guide
- See the Sistine Chapel and Belvedere Courtyard with the Apollo Belvedere and Laocoön sculptures
- Discover The Gallery of the Candelabra, The Gallery of the Maps and The Gallery of the Tapestries
Take advantage of these special Friday night openings of the Vatican. Few visitors are aware of the Vatican Museums’ extended opening hours throughout the summer months on Friday night, which means that you’ll share the galleries and the apartments with fewer people, skipping the busiest hours during the day. In the evening light and with fewer tourists, you’ll find it easier to pick out the details in Michelangelo’s famous frescoes.
During your tour, your guide will take you to see some of the finest ancient sculptures and Renaissance art in the world, including, the Hellenistic ‘Laocoon’ and the beautiful Apollo ‘Belvedere.’ Enjoy the possibility to go right up to these world-famous pieces. The highlights of the tour are, of course, the Sistine Chapel and the private chapel of the Pope.
- Skip-the-line access
- An expert English-speaking guide
- Individual headphones
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
• Please note that visitors must wear clothes that cover their shoulders and knees when visiting the Vatican Museums. If you are not dressed as such, you will have the option to purchase plastic cloaks at the museums.