Tuscany Taster Tour: Round-trip from Rome with Lunch & Wine
- Enjoy a traditional 3-course gourmet lunch with local wine pairings, seated in an authentic vineyard wine cellar
- Listen to captivating commentary and history about this world-famous region
- Find peace and stillness at Sant’Antimo Abbey — the perfect respite from the crowds and sounds of Rome
- Relax with 45 minutes of free time in Pienza to seek out famous locally produced cheeses, wines, and balsamic vinegar
First is a walking tour in the hill town of Montepulciano, led by a local expert guide, taking in an ancient but still-functioning wine cellar and ruins that pre-date Rome.
Next is Sant’Antimo Abbey, a masterpiece of medieval architecture nestled in a peaceful valley. Gregorian chants will swell all around as you explore the hushed, evocative scene.
Just a short drive away is the highlight of any trip to Tuscany: lunch. In the wine cellar of an authentic vineyard farmhouse, you’ll enjoy a 3-course meal with wine pairings — including the famous Brunello di Montalcino and varieties from the vineyard itself.
You can buy your souvenir Tuscan wine here or wait for the final stop: the picturesque town of Pienza. Your tour leader will offer advice on the way here, but once you arrive it’s up to you how to spend your time: shopping for pecorino cheese, balsamic vinegar, wines and other local specialties, finding the perfect photo opportunity, or simply wandering the streets like a local.
Then it’s back to Rome in air-conditioned comfort — fulfilled, relaxed and ready for the next day.
- Round-trip transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Guided tour of Montepulciano (groups no larger than 25 people)
- English-speaking tour guide
- Headsets (where necessary)
- Gourmet lunch and wine tasting at a Tuscan farm
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
Meeting time: 07:15 Departure time: 07:30 Meet in the center of Rome's Piazza del Popolo, by the large fountain with the lions and the obelisk. The nearest metro stop is Flaminio (Line A).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Sleeveless shirts
• A fair amount of walking is involved, so comfortable shoes are recommended.
• Wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.
• Entrance to churches requires appropriate dress. Shoulders and knees must be covered. Entry may be refused due to improper dress.
• Please note that the itinerary and the venues visited might vary according to season and availability, always offering the same inclusions.