Ancient Rome Tour: Colosseum Underground, Arena & Forum
- Skip the long lines to the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Learn from a professional guide
- Get exclusive access to the Underground Colosseum and Arena
- Stay to explore the archaeological area on your own once your official tour ends
- Enjoy the best views from the Upper Levels (optional)
Get access to areas not available to regular ticket holders, including the underground level where the wild animals were kept before they went into battle with the gladiators. Enter the arena through the Porta Libitinaria and go up to the first level. Complete your experience by going further up to the 4th and 5th tiers, known as Belvedere (only if you choose this option) for a spectacular view of the arena and surrounding area.
Learn about the innovative techniques the engineers used to build the monument and hear how it has survived for hundreds of years. Be amazed as history is brought to life as you discuss the political and social reasons for the games and events.
Enjoy a short break and then enter the Roman Forum to get a better appreciation about what everyday life was like in Ancient Rome. Get breathtaking views over the Colosseum and Circus Maximus from Palatine Hill and stay as long as you wish at the end of your official tour.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket and taxes
- Official guide
- Headsets, when 8 people or more are present
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
When you get there
Meet at the green kiosk on the right as you exit the Colosseo metro station. Look for a member of staff carrying a yellow label with the local operator's name on it. Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled start time. Please note that there is also an upper floor exit of the Colosseo metro station; please go downstairs.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Drones and knives of any kind are strictly forbidden at the monuments
• Trolleys and large backpacks are not allowed inside
• Animals are not permitted
• This tour is not wheelchair or stroller accessible, no elevator. Moderate amount of walking also required in the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
• This is the most requested tour of the Colosseum and gets fully booked quite easily. You are advised to book early.
• Please note the following closing times for the Colosseum & Roman Forum: 4:30 PM from the last Sunday of October to February 15; 5:00 PM from February 16 to March 15; 5:30 PM from March 16 to the last Saturday of March; 7:15 PM from last Sunday of March to August 31; 7:00 PM through September; 4:30 PM from October 1 to the last Saturday of October. Please keep this in mind when you choosing your tour start time