Rio de Janeiro: Vidigal Favela and Two Brothers Hike
Pick-up serviceHotels located in the touristic zone of Rio de Janeiro.
- Visit the favela of Vidigal and mix with the locals
- Get a stunning view of the Rocinha favela from above
- Hike the famous Morro Dois Irmaos (Two Brothers)
- Look down on some of the legendary beaches of Rio, such as Ipanema and Copacabana
Start your hike in Vidigal, and experience the favela like a resident. Use the transport system that circulates the neighborhood and rub shoulders with the locals. Follow your guide in a group through the forest and head to the first viewpoint. Look down at the favela of Rocinha and see one of Latin America's largest slums.
Continue to the next viewpoint for a breathtaking view of Pedra da Gávea and Pedra Bonita. See Corcovado in the other direction before going to the summit of Two Brothers hill (Morro Dois Irmaos). From there, it's possible to see all the famous beaches of Rio spread out before you, including Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana.
Hike for approximately 4.5 hours to turn your favela tour into a true adventure. Experience the warmth of the Vidigal community and get a better understanding of the social divisions in Rio de Janeiro.
- Eco-adventure with a specialist bilingual guide
- Guided hike to the Two Brothers hill (Morro Dois Irmaos)
- Guided favela tour in Vidigal
- Personal accident insurance
- Entrance fees
- Transportation (in the option with transport)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is where you will meet the guide to begin the tour. Avenida Niemeyer 121, Leblon, Rio de Janeiro 22450-220, Brazil (at the bus stop next to the Sheraton Hotel).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Drug use or the intake of alcohol before or during activity, as well as possession of weapons of any kind, will not be allowed under penalty of cancellation of the activity
• The itinerary and the order of sightseeing may change due to weather and/or adverse conditions inherent in the practice of the supplier
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• Comfortable footwear with good grip (tennis, boot, etc.), light snack, water compartment (carrying at least 3 liters is suggested), garbage compartment and sunscreen
• When booking this tour, you attest knowledge of the risk inherent in the activities