Rio: Historical Walking Tour
- Learn about the history of the area
- Take the subway and enjoy a guided walking tour in downtown Rio
- See buildings of great architectural appeal
Travel by subway to downtown, arrive at Cinelândia Station an area with relics of the French architectural influence.
On the way to Carioca square see the Naval Club, the Monastery Church of Santo Antônio and the Ordem Terceira de São Francisco da Penitência.
Visit the Confeitaria Colombo, built in 1894, Tiradentes Palace (State Hall), Praça XV including the Imperial Palace, the statue of General Osório, Mestre Valentim's Fountain and the Teles Arch. Reach the cobble-stoned Travessa do Comercio and the former residence of Carmen Miranda. See the Church of Our Lady of the Merchants, the Post Office Cultural Center, France-Brazil House, Bank of Brasil Cultural Center and Candelaria Church. Before heading back to your hotel by subway.
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Transport by subway
- Drinks and meals
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
• The tour includes visits to Cinelândia, Largo da Candelaria, Confeitaria Colombo, the Church of Our Lady of the Merchants, France-Brazil House when open, Bank of Brasil Cultural Center and Candelaria Church when open