Rio de Janeiro: Guided Bike Tours in Small Groups
- Cycle the city streets in Rio de Janeiro and absorb the local atmosphere
- Enjoy the intimacy of a small-group tour with an expert guide
- Choose from a selection of 3 different itineraries to best fit your preferences
- See Rio's most famous landmarks and discover some of its lesser-known neighborhoods
• 3-Hour Urban Tour: Praia Vermelha, Botafogo & Lagoa
Visit several of Rio's famous sites and some of its traditional neighborhoods on this tour that focuses on the southern part of the city. Start at Copacabana beach to experience where locals spend a large part of their social life. From there, bike to Sugarloaf Mountain to view its imposing vastness up-close, and make a stop at nearby Vermelha Beach, a tiny oasis of quietness.
Next, pedal to the lively neighborhood of Botafogo to get a glimpse of the back lanes of Rio. This stretch of the bike tour will give you a closer look at how real Cariocas live when they’re not on the beach. Finally, head to Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon, and admire its surrounding green hillsides and fancy neighborhoods.
• 4-Hour Panoramic Tour: Botafogo, Flamengo Park & Old Rio
Get a panoramic perspective of Rio on this tour that goes from Copacabana to the shores of the Bay of Guanabara, Lapa, and Rio’s historical center. Making use of the new cycle paths, bike through the lively backstreets of iconic neighborhood Copacabana to Botafogo. There, pass by Rio’s “celebrity” cemetery, São João Batista, the resting place of several Brazilian presidents, writers, singers, actors, and renowned Brazilian architect, Oscar Niemeyer.
Pedal on to the Bay of Guanabara along the beach of Flamengo, the site of the first European settlement after the discovery of the city. Continue to the historical center of Rio, with stops at Cinelândia and the bohemian neighborhood Lapa, well-known for its nightlife and the Selarón steps, 250 steps covered in more than 2000 tiles from different countries. On the way back, cycle along the paths that wind through Flamengo Park, designed by famous Brazilian landscaper, Burle Marx. The last stretch of the tour will pass along Copacabana beach.
7-Hour Ultimate Tour: Urban Tour + Panoramic Tour + Lunch
Discover the best of Rio de Janeiro in just one day. As well as exploring the popular South Zone, famous for the iconic Copacabana and Ipanema beaches, pedal through less well-known but equally fascinating neighborhoods such as Botafogo and Urca. After taking these in, head to the old city center where you’ll stop in the Bohemian quarter of Lapa.
Take a step back to Rio's colonial past at the historic Cinelândia Square, and visit Jorge Selarón’s psychedelically decorated staircase to see how art can be truly public in this city. Savor a typical Brazilian lunch — included in the tour — at a local restaurant. The last stretch of the cycle tour passes by the beautiful lake, Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas, surrounded by hills clad with lush Atlantic rainforest. Last, soak up lots of great views of Rio’s most famous landmarks, the Sugarloaf and Christ the Redeemer.
- Bike rental
- Tour guide
- Lunch (if 7-hour option selected)
- Lunch (unless 7-hour option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Prepare for the activity
Meet your group at Anapolis Building, located at Av. Nossa Sra. de Copacabana, 1085 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro. Enter the building and you'll find the local partner's bike tour shop on the right-hand side.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time
• Please wear comfortable light clothes
• Bring sunblock and a hat, and a bottle of water can come handy as well
• Activity subject to weather conditions
• If it rains, the tour can be canceled. You will be contacted at least 45 minutes before the start of the tour to be informed about a cancellation. Never leave your hotel or your apartment before checking your email and/or Whatsapp for last-minute changes. In case of cancellation, there is always the possibility to reschedule the tour