Rio de Janeiro: Carnival 2020 Samba School Parade Ticket
- Experience the largest Parade on Earth
- Feel the rhythm of the drums
- Enjoy Carnival Parade with comfort and security
The official Samba School parades take place in Rio de Janeiro Sambadrome, created by the most renowned Brazilian architect, Oscar Niemeyer and inaugurated in 1983 with capacity for 80,000 spectators. Every year, the Samba Schools compete for the Carnival Champion Title, one school will be chosen as the best of the best. More than 30,000 people perform throughout Carnival. Each school has between 4,000 and 5,000 participants.
There are 5 days of parades, divided into three categories: Access Group, Special Group, and Parade of Champions.
– February 21st, 2020 (Friday): Access Group (2nd league)
– February 22nd, 2020 (Saturday): Access Group (2nd league)
– February 23rd, 2020 (Sunday): Special Group (1st league)
– February 24th, 2020 (Monday): Special Group (1st league)
– February 29th, 2020 (Saturday): Champions’ Parade (“All-Star Parade” with the six best schools)
Access Group - Friday, February 21st and Saturday, February 22nd
In the Access Group, the best Samba Schools will be able to participate in the Special Group in the following year.
You will see 12 schools parade with enthusiasm and beauty.
This is perfect for those, who want to see the magic of carnival on a budget.
Special Group - Sunday, February 23rd and Monday, February 24th
These are considered the main days of the Carnival Parade.
The best 14 Samba schools in Rio de Janeiro show all their creativity and innovations.
These are the true magical nights of the Sambadrome.
Tickets are more expensive for these days as it is the most popular parade with major league schools.
Champions Parade - Saturday, February 29th
On that night, the top six Special Group schools, plus the Access Group Champion repeat their performances.
This is an extraordinary night to see the Carnaval champions of the year.
You will benefit from two subway passes for free. The subway pass is not exclusive to the Carnival Parade. You will be able to use it anytime during your stay.
- Rio Carnival Samba School Parade Admission Ticket
- Complimentary Roundtrip Subway Passes
- Food and drinks
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Ticket collection must be done at: Local Operator Office in Copacabana, located at Avenida Nossa Senhora de Copacabana, 195 Store F, Copacabana / Dates: February 17th to 24th and February 27th to 29th / Opening hours: 10:00 AM to 7:30 PM; Or at Port of Rio De Janeiro - Warehouse 4, located at Boulevard Olímpico - Saúde / Dates: February 21st to 24th and February 29th. Opening hours: 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM. If your preference is the Port, you must inform us and we will deliver the tickets there. The subway is a great option to go to the Carnival Parade: If your carnival ticket is 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10, you need to go to Praca Onze Metro Station. From there, you will walk 5 minutes to the Sambadrome and find your exact sector entrance. If your carnival ticket is 3, 5, 9 or 11, you need to go to Central do Brasil Metro Station. From there, you will walk 15 minutes to the Sambadrome and find your exact sector entrance.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Public transport ticket
• You must exchange your voucher as the official entry ticket to the Rio Carnival Parade
• It is mandatory present an official passport or ID to redeem your entrance ticket
• If you are taking the subway to the Sambadrome, the even-number sectors are the closest to the station