Rio de Janeiro: Santa Teresa and Hidden Arts & Crafts Tour
- Explore a downtown street market that’s a uniquely Rio experience
- Learn about a social project that’s empowering local deaf women
- Tour the bohemian district of Santa Teresa and visit a shop that supports indigenous people and culture
- Browse the first local souvenir shop in Santa Teresa, which promotes only Brazilian art and products
- Visit the studio of a famous local artist whose oil paintings are inspired by life in the favelas
- Grab a drink at an iconic spot in Santa Teresa, with an incredible view over the neighborhood
Then head uphill to the bohemian neighborhood of Santa Teresa, where you’ll visit the shop of an amazing local craftsman who has been working in this area for over 30 years. He turns other people’s garbage into art — literally anything from an old cellphone to a keyboard to a piece of wood can be converted to a piece under his artistic vision. Prepare to be stunned by his work! While you are here, also tour a bit of the community and stop into a local shop that supports and contributes to Brazilian indigenous people and culture. Head over to the first local souvenir shop in Santa Teresa, which strictly promotes only Brazilian art and products.
Finally, you’ll discover one of Rio’s most famous local artists, who does oil paintings on canvas that are influenced by life in the Favelas. Visit his studio, where you can see his community-inspired masterpieces. Finish up your Rio tour at a popular spot in Santa Teresa, where you can grab a drink if you like, relax and take in the incredible view over the neighborhood.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Transportation during the tour
- Food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for your local guide
Prepare for the activity
inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select
‘child’ above when booking
• Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
• Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the
age of 6
• As the studios and shops you visit on this tour are all independently owned and
operated, they may be closed unexpectedly. This tour will be tailored to what
is open and what artists are available that day
• For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people